An Unbearable Loss

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: In Memory of My Son
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DVDCoverArt
Site Master
Site Master

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: An Unbearable Loss Reply with quote

Our entire family is in utter shock and disbelief.

Our oldest son Brandon died unexpectedly last night. He was only 31 years old

Brandon and his wife Annette, live and work in Hong Kong. Right now it feels like a billion miles away.

Annette is not my daughter-in-law!! She is my daughter! In my eyes, heart and mind, there is no difference between her and the daughter our Heavenly Father blessed us with.

He went to see the Doctor just yesterday and was told he had a cold. He had no reason to doubt the Doctor because his wife Annette, was still recovering from a cold from the previous week.

My wife Skyped him yesterday. She spoke with him for less than two minutes.

I didn't talk with him because I could tell from the sound of his voice that he wasn't feeling well. His mother told him he should get some rest and we would call him later.

That was the last time I heard my Son's voice.

One of the last things Brandon did was ask Annette to sing some Hymns for him. She thought it was strange that he wanted her to sing. At the time, she had no idea what was about to happen.

I believe deep inside Brandon knew that his time on this earth was coming to an end, which is why he asked Annette to sing Hymns to him, and it was his way of bringing comfort to her.

They were sealed in the Hong Kong Temple, so even though they were only together on this earth for a little over 6 years, they are and will forever be, eternal companions.
DVDCoverArt
Site Master
Site Master

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: I am posting this message on behalf of Annette, not me Reply with quote

I know I haven't been around as much as I should have, so I don't expect anyone to help. I sent the mass email out on behalf of Annette.

This past year has been very difficult. Last year my daughter was in a car accident. She was so despondent that she said she wanted to kill herself, which is something you don't say when the police are at the scene.

Because of what she said she was taken to the hospital and was placed in a Behavioral Health Center (Mental Hospital). I won't go into all the details, but she was abused while an inpatient and because they didn't take care of her properly, she got very ill and because they are not a hospital they had no choice but to call 911 and she ended up in the ICU for 5 days.

During the 11 days that she was there they refused to let us see her. It was a nightmare. She has been in therapy ever since the incident.
DVDCoverArt
Site Master
Site Master

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Brandon Neily Memorial Fund Reply with quote

Because Brandon was a Type 1 diabetic he could not afford a life insurance policy.

We are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and they are taking care of the cost of bringing Brandon and Annette home.

Because our collective resources are limited, I went to my Credit Union and set up a Brandon Neily Memorial Fund.

If you want to contribute:

You can make a check out to
Brandon Neily Memorial Fund
and mail it to:

America First Credit Union
Brandon Neily Memorial Fund
P.O. Box 9199
Ogden Utah, 84409-0199

Or you can do a Bank to Bank transfer:
Routing #:
416 674 2123 9000787

As a last resort, you can send a Gift to my PayPal account: dvdcoverart@dvdcoverart.org

After depositing it into his memorial fund if you want I can email you a copy of the deposit slip.

Everything is on hold regarding my son's funeral. To get my son home form Hong Kong has been a nightmare of red tape that goes on and on....

Because they believe that Brandon had a viral infection, he has to be cremated. You would think that would make it easier to get him home, but there is a two week backlog. And because of the red tape involved in getting him out of the country, that delays it even further.

I just hope we can get through it.

Last edited by DVDCoverArt on Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
blknight3
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott I want to express my deepest sympathies to you and your family. I lost two young sons, so I know the pain and sorrow that you are going through. No parent should ever have to bury their children. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I have have the information and as soon as I can I will make a contribution.

God bless to you... I truly wish I could make things as they were.
DVDCoverArt
Site Master
Site Master

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject: I am not surprised Reply with quote

I am sorry for your loss as well, but at the same time it is very comforting to know that someone understands what you are going through.

I am not surprised to here from you. For almost 9 years, every time something happens with me, my family or the site, you are always there.

My dad would always say that there is a huge difference between a friend and a True Friend. He said friends are easy to find, but True Friends are often counted on one hand because they are such a rarity.

It is true, they are counted on one hand, and I am truly blessed to have you as one of them and I mean that sincerely.

I grew up with rotary phones, four TV channels and long lines at the grocery store because the cashier had to enter each item one at a time, and sodas cost a nickle. So it is not surprising that you can meet a True Friend without ever meeting face to face.

The past two days have been far worse than we could have ever imagined. Not only did my son pass away, but my wife's father died today.

That doesn't include the previous two years. My wife battled pancreatic cancer, and one. My daughter had a break down after a car accident and was so distraught that, in front of the police officer, said she wanted to kill herself.

As a result, she was admitted to a Behavioral Health facility (mental ward) were she was not only abused and assaulted, the center had to call 911 because their lack of care put her in the ICU. The reason were unable to get her out is they refused to let us see her

Because of the overwhelming challenges we have had to face, I have been unable to dedicate the time needed to properly manage the site.

And now I have to bury a Son. It has been a never ending nightmare. So again, thank you for being a True Friend. It means more you know.

One bit of good news, I didn't know that my son had made over a 100 MinCraft instructional YouTube videos.

I can't see him, but at least I can listen to his voice. They are really well done.

Do a search for Torhan Sacras. He has his own YouTube page.
blackhawkdown
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very sorry for your loss. as a parent, I can't even begin to imagine what you're feeling. we'll send something as soon as I can get to the post office.

BHD Twisted Evil
DVDCoverArt
Site Master
Site Master

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:00 am    Post subject: Another one of my True Friends Reply with quote

Thank you.

Unfortunately, it got worse. My wife's father passed away the day after my son.
Joe Dante
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject: Deepest Sympathies Reply with quote

My sincerest apologies for the late reply to your post, I've had trouble logging in and just read it.

I can't begin to imagine what you and your family have been going through but I do know families who have lost children through accidents and illness and I saw how it affected them.

As soon as I am able I will send a gift via PayPal and hope this will help in some small way.

The thoughts and prayers of myself and my family are with you and your family.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: In Memory of My Son All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: