night run

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Movie, TV, & Theater Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackhawkdown
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:43 am    Post subject: night run Reply with quote

a movie about a gangland tough guy Iliam neeson) who has to kill his childhood friend's (ed harris) son to protect his own son. the gang boss puts out a hit on his old friend, but the tough guy is just too savvy to be taken down by all of the boss's lackeys.

in the end, the tough guy is able to save his estranged son and his son's family as his last act to show his son that he really loved him.

boy, liam neeson's movies really are all or nothing! this one sat on the nothing side of the scale and really is a snowed in movie day watch. GRADE: D.

BHD Twisted Evil
DVDCoverArt
Site Master
Site Master

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:39 am    Post subject: There all of versions of Taken. Reply with quote

Taken was a great movie. It was entertaining and kept me engaged.

Because of the success of Taken, Unfortunately, all of Liam Neeson's subsequent movies have been variations of that movie.

I was a speech and theater major in collage, so I know a little bit about acting.

His character hasn't changed, his mannerisms, movements, dialog, delivery and character persona hasn't changed.

In the 3rd Taken installment, where No One was Taken, was beyond reality.

When every federal agency, i.e., the FBI, Federal marshals, local law enforcement, Homeland Security and the CIA are looking for you, they will find you.

I am not even going to get into the over the top action sequences or the age factor.

Some might want to blame the writers or director, but the actor can either accept or decline the roll.

I like Liam Neeson, he is a very talented actor. I would like to see him play more complicate characters with depth and mystery. I want to see him in a movie where I forget I am watching a movie.

Schindler's List rose to that level. That movie pulled you in, you felt like you were there. You could feel his pain and anguish and the weight of the world on his shoulders.

He was nominated and won several awards for Best Actor in a Leading Role, but not an Oscar, which he should have won.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Movie, TV, & Theater Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: