Why are Labels being made this way?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: General Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johncap
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyers2thecup wrote:
loady wrote:
Now im offended.....its the northeners in the uk who like flat, warm beer...i like ice cold fizzy lager...lots of it Wink...but not that light toilet water my usa cousins drink

now I'M offended! I too like a nice, cold, flavorful lager! preferably YEUNGLING LAGER....oldest brewery in the USA.

I'm sure JohnCap knows all about Yeungling....being in PA and all. Right?

Yup, my beer of choice. Funny, we were just talking about how at Penn State 20 years ago you could get a case of Yuengling Lager for $8. Genny Cream and Roling Rock were all the rage. now, Yuengling is $20 and nobody even knows what Genessee Cream Ale was! And Rock is like what, $13?

I also like Molson Canadian, which could be from the same vat as YL. Funny though, why is Molson Canadian sold only outside Canada and Molson Import sold only IN Canada? Can someone explain that to me? It's kind of like parking in the driveway and driving on the parkway....
johncap
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loady wrote:
Now im offended.....its the northeners in the uk who like flat, warm beer...i like ice cold fizzy lager...lots of it Wink...but not that light toilet water my usa cousins drink

Must be referring to that Rocky Mountain stuff, Coors Light. It's one small step above water!
snips71
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the point and will try to quit using the region 1 logo. I have found really good labels on other sites for region 2. Some are easy to clone out and others aren't worth the trouble. For some reason it offends some people to put a different region on their disc. I guess I can see that.
johncap
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snips71 wrote:
I understand the point and will try to quit using the region 1 logo. I have found really good labels on other sites for region 2. Some are easy to clone out and others aren't worth the trouble. For some reason it offends some people to put a different region on their disc. I guess I can see that.

I too have seen the light and reformed snipsy! In fact I just enrolled at Region Labels Anonymous. It's hard but I'm refraining from regionalizing disk labels, and have been for a couple weeks! Praise the lord, no more regions logos for me! Twisted Evil
hyoogy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no region logos means everyone can use the label
swampdogk
Exceptional Artist
Exceptional Artist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I don't care if labels have region codes or not. I'm from Region 4 & most of my covers/labels are R1.

I wouldn't not download a cover/label if I thought it was the best available just because of the region coding. (I don't pretend mine are retail.) I might happen to "adjust" them though, if they have big ugly coding which imo (for covers) R4 & R2 have.

Cheers

swamp
chefjoe
Exceptional Artist
Exceptional Artist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use only the ALL region logo on whatever I do, makes since that everyone should or those that want to use the item shouldn't have to worry about a matching region. But then as the K-man said to me the art is More important anyhow. Very Happy
pembo
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep my disc art simple (just like me) - so ya can do whatever the heck ya want with it! Very Happy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: General Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: