What is the best way to move this title? Edited

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tkboxer
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: What is the best way to move this title? Edited Reply with quote

What is the best way to select the title text so that can be moved down a bit on the disc? This started out as a scan but I've recreated so much of it I'm not sure what it is now.
Thanks, tkboxer

I got it. I selected the title area with the rec. marquee, resized it a bit smaller with free transform then saved it as a selection. I then cloned out the original title at the top and sides of the word "Lawrence". I then loaded my saved title selection and moved it into place over the existing title. As you can see now the title is down off the top edge of the disc. It wasn't that hard once I figured it out. I love this stuff, I just wish I had more time.

Last edited by tkboxer on Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
loady
Special Member
Special Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you are using ps and the text is on a layer then you should just be able to select layer then move it.....if it is part of the scan (background) then you will have to select the area with the marquee tool and move it then do some blending sh*t.

Personally, looking at it, i would use the clone tool and erase the writing so it leaves that background, then put some new writing on a layer then you can put it where you want.
kylumi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the text is not on a layer...............you can only do what loady said Sad
tkboxer
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'll clone it out, I've cloned out the center hole and all the other text and logos, so whats one more thing to clone out and replace? I was hoping for a magic solution but I guess there is no such thing.
Thanks for the info, I'll get it finished soon.
GEORGIEBOY26
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've done stuff like that before...the hard way... Crying or Very sad i lassoed the text, and magic erased some of background, and then manually...sometimes painstakingly..removed the rest.....then save as a psd.. then clone in the area you want to place it on..can be done..... Very Happy
tkboxer
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loady wrote:
Well, if you are using ps and the text is on a layer then you should just be able to select layer then move it.....if it is part of the scan (background) then you will have to select the area with the marquee tool and move it then do some blending sh*t.

Personally, looking at it, i would use the clone tool and erase the writing so it leaves that background, then put some new writing on a layer then you can put it where you want.

Thanks Loady, it took me a while but I figured out what you were saying to do.
loady
Special Member
Special Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What is the best way to move this title? Edited Reply with quote

tkboxer wrote:
I love this stuff, I just wish I had more time.

I know what your saying, its like magic. Im glad you got the result you were looking for. Personally i would have lived with it like that but thats unprofessional Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Help Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: