hunger games: CATCHING FIRE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Movie, TV, & Theater Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackhawkdown
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: hunger games: CATCHING FIRE Reply with quote

this is a special hunger games. as it falls upon a 25th year anniversary (75th anniversary, 3rd quarter quell), there is a new twist in this season's hunger game. instead of new children being chosen, past winners are chosen to compete. katniss everdeen of course is the only past female victor from her district; so, she has to compete again. little does she know that there is a plan in place to start a rebellion against president snow and the capitol city. tributes from certain districts with aid from the new game master (Philip seymore Hoffman) are playing to keep katniss alive as she represents HOPE for the masses.

if you saw the first installment of the quadriliogy, you should like this movie. it was different in that there was less emphasis placed on the killing and more on the back story of the rebellion and getting katniss out of the games alive. it was a long movie, but kept my interest (some of that is due to my trying to figure out who was alive and who was not...lol). I give it a thumbs up. GRADE: B.

BHD Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Movie, TV, & Theater Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: