Recommendations for Label Printing Software

View previous topic :: View next topic  
poregon
Donator
Donator

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Recommendations for Label Printing Software Reply with quote

Can you tell I'm starting to re-examine everything I'm using? I currently use exPressit S.E. (bundled with Memorex labels) for my printing of labels - I was wondering if you could tell me what is working best for you folks?
Always striving for better.... Wink
snips71
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got an Epson r220 printer and have been using the software that comes with it. It is very simple to use and works great for printing down to the hub.
bobflemming
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snips71 wrote:
I've got an Epson r220 printer and have been using the software that comes with it. It is very simple to use and works great for printing down to the hub.

I agree ive got an R300 - ditch those sticky labels spend some money on an epson, you will not regret it Wink
J0nn0
Exceptional Artist
Exceptional Artist

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same as Snips for me,R220,Epson Print CD....great combo.
kveits007
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Epson R200, nice printer, good for printing labels on the disc, very easy to use
chaotic646
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For printable discs, I use the epson printcd software that came with my Epson R320. For sticky labels I used to use Acoustica CD Label Maker. It was the best out of all the ones I tried.
tkboxer
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Recommendations for Label Printing Software Reply with quote

poregon wrote:
Can you tell I'm starting to re-examine everything I'm using? I currently use exPressit S.E. (bundled with Memorex labels) for my printing of labels - I was wondering if you could tell me what is working best for you folks?
Always striving for better.... Wink

I was using this software when I was printing on labels and I liked it alot. Did the job well and easy to use.

http://www.surething.com/ST/Category.asp?CatCode=ST4_HOME

Like many other folks here, I now print directly to inkjet printable disc using a Epson R220.
true
Donator
Donator

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use both printable tops and sticky doughnut labels. I use to use the above program, Surething, but realized it was unnecessary. Just stick the label on the disc and run it through the printer.

(Instert here someone saying labels messing up discs and players (it always does happen!))
Labels have never given me a prob, 2 yr old discs works as if they were 1 day old FOR ME. If you are the few that don't have probs with labels, then yay.
Mr. Green
Mosae
Special Member
Special Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Printing with Canon Pixma iP5000 and Canon MP780 using the software what bundled with these printers
Printing on Ritek Silvertop Printables gives excellent results!
dellboy69
Donator
Donator

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im printing with my first epsom r200. Its the only way to do labels. It works out cheaper in the long run than sticky labels and the quality is excellent. You'll never use sticky's once you've had one.
headphonesman
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Canon Printer bundled CD Software is good.....I think you can download off the Canon Site........another good independent one is Acoustica........it recognises both Epsom and Canon CD printers by model number ...really very good

"You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me"
flyers2thecup
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

true wrote:
I use both printable tops and sticky doughnut labels. I use to use the above program, Surething, but realized it was unnecessary. Just stick the label on the disc and run it through the printer.

(Instert here someone saying labels messing up discs and players (it always does happen!))
Labels have never given me a prob, 2 yr old discs works as if they were 1 day old FOR ME. If you are the few that don't have probs with labels, then yay.
Mr. Green

ain't that the truth! i'm quite surprised it hasn't happened yet! Smile

anyways, i too used to use Surething. i've had my r220 for about a year now and haven't looked back! if you look around, you can easily find an Rxxx (200-340) for around $100 after rebates/coupons/sales. well worth it. after my trip in sept, i'm getting an r340 and giving this r200 to my son. until then...all my money goes towards the trip! plan on drinking a few beers! Smile

btw, check out www.dealmac.com. it's a great place to do a search for items and they'll tell you who has the best deals. be sure to click the DO NOT SHOW EXPIRED ITEMS...or you might get a false sense of happiness! Smile
SG1_Fan
Donator
Donator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: printing software Reply with quote

I use inkjet printable disc using a Epson R320 its by far the easiest way to label your disc it looks great and I believe you use less ink. The software that comes with it is a no brainer I set the settings to 20mm and 120mm drop the image in and click print.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: General Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: