spine size confusion....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
loady
Special Member
Special Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: spine size confusion.... Reply with quote

I have some 6 disc cases of which the spine is 1" wide exactly, on the thread by lost prohet about case dimensions i believe the spines are measured in pixels or resoulution ?, therefore i am having trouble identifying the case name, are they alpha cases ? also what will the resoulotion size be for the cover i need to download so i can just look down the list and pick out the sizes that will fit the 1" spine ?

Cheers.
lostpr0ph3t

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the the 1" spines are considered the slim, which is what I use. When I print them out the dimensions I use are 3370x2160 pixels(2175 according to your preference, which is what size you'll probably see when your searching the site). Usually you can readjust the size yourself, which is what I've had to do a few times. The height is often correct(2160 or 2175) but you'll usually see the width is a different size. I also use A4 paper which gives me plenty of room to play with. I use Photoshop to print my covers so if your going to use the A4 don't forget to adjust your print settings, I only mention it because that's something I forget to do quite a bit.
valve
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just use UnderCoverXP to print your covers. You can set it adjust just the spine of the cover to fit the case that you have.

A standard case has a 14mm spine which is approx 5/8" where a 1" case would be approx. 23mm so definetly bigger than standard.

valve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: General Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: