epson r200 service message

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEORGIEBOY26
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: epson r200 service message Reply with quote

oh dear,,,after 18 months, my good ole epson r200 has started to give me message "some of the parts in your printer are comeing to the end of life" blah blah.....I have the epson service tool installed, which has been mentioned on here before. but is it possible for me to use it to fix the error message, or indeed whatever the printer prob is??? Confused Crying or Very sad
DVDCoverArt
Site Master
Site Master

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Epson Reply with quote

I haven't used it myself, but from what I understand you can use the tool to reset the printer so that it thinks that it just came out of the box.
kveits007
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had that very exact same problem, I had mine for about the same amount of time to, I had the epson tool they talk about, but by time I got the error it was to late for me, the tool wouldnt work, I couldnt even turn off the printer, I got so made I went out and bought 2 Epson r220 to have, 1 for back up, I think the key with the tool is to use it before you get the message, not sure though, I only paid 75.00 apiece for the new printers, they use same cartridge as the r200, I am curious to know if you get the tool to work since you already got the error, maybe I can learn from it.
snips71
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tool is called SSC service utility. It should be easy to locate if you just google it. I have used it many times (apparently I print too much). There is one drawback to this though. The reason it is telling you to have your printer serviced is that the ink pad is getting too full of ink. This happens everytime you install new carts or use the head cleaning. After re-setting the printer, you will need to open a little trap door in the back of the printer and locate a short clear hose. This needs to be routed outside the printer into a bottle or some sort of reservoir. If not done you will overfllow the pad in the printer, creating a horrible mess. Hope this helps, it has worked for me for a couple of years now.
GEORGIEBOY26
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx for reply snips, how do I reset the printer, in the utility it has a resetter tab, when clicked gives options..write, check and test, but it says cannot find device??is the ressetter tab for changing the chip on inks??I am probly a bit thick on how to use this utility Embarassed I do understand what you say about ink pad getting full...is there no way to replace the pad??........luckily. if I do have big probs, I did manage to pick another r200 up on ebay just last week, so I will have a back up printer at my disposal.... its all a bit technical for me, but I will try any suggestions given, especially if they are in simple easy to follow steps Wink Very Happy Very Happy thanx guys
daripper
*Resident Artist
*Resident Artist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GB m8, the reseter that you're looking for in the SSC Service Utility is in the Protection Counter
it will have show current value, reset protection counter, clear counter overflow. Try clicking
on reset protection counter and it should clear it back to zero but after doing that make sure you
either take the tube out and run it into a bottle or something like that or if you have the Kahonies
to do it then take the printer apart and clean the waste ink pads, let them dry and put them back
in and if all goes well it should be ready to go again. Taking the printer apart is no picnic in the park
and getting it all back together and working correctly is even worse most of the time. Shocked Very Happy
My name is 0110010001100001011100100110100101110000011100000110010101110010
GEORGIEBOY26
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ripper said....Taking the printer apart is no picnic in the park
and getting it all back together and working correctly is even worse most of the time.

lol I know wot you mean mate...thanx for the tip, i will give it a go tomorrow..cheers buddy Very Happy
snips71
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ripper replied as well as I could. I was going to tell you the same thing. I would not attempt to dismantle a perfectly good printer. The ink in the reservoir bottle I am using gets recycled as black ink. So you could say I am doing my part for the environment Very Happy
dellboy69
Donator
Donator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Georgieboy. I have had this problem a few times and the SSC facility allways works.
1. Make sure in the "show main window" option when you right click the task bar that all boxes are ticked in the configuration pane (i.e disable epsom agent, start utility at windows start, enable independent monitor)
2. Select the correct printer in the installed printer and printer model drop downs.
3. Re boot the machine to enable settings.
4. Right click printer icon again in task bar and select protection counter and re set, if there is a com error you may need to power cycle your printer.
5. follow the prompts and say yes when it asks if the pad has been changed.
6. this should reset the counter and all should be well. (a power cycle may be required.
At epson I was told the counter can be reset at least twice before the waste ink pad needs touching.
Hope this helps
GEORGIEBOY26
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

many thanx Dellboy, appreciated mate.......(give my regards to Rodney....the plonker) Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink
GEORGIEBOY26
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snips71 wrote:
Ripper replied as well as I could. I was going to tell you the same thing. I would not attempt to dismantle a perfectly good printer. The ink in the reservoir bottle I am using gets recycled as black ink. So you could say I am doing my part for the environment Very Happy

thanx matey, i have now utilised the prog and it seems to have done the job, i managed to clean the ink pads, soaked up all excess with a towel, and everything works ok,,,,thanx all you guys for help... Smile Smile
flyers2thecup
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daripper wrote:
GB m8, the reseter that you're looking for in the SSC Service Utility is in the Protection Counter
it will have show current value, reset protection counter, clear counter overflow. Try clicking
on reset protection counter and it should clear it back to zero but after doing that make sure you
either take the tube out and run it into a bottle or something like that or if you have the Kahonies
to do it then take the printer apart and clean the waste ink pads, let them dry and put them back
in and if all goes well it should be ready to go again. Taking the printer apart is no picnic in the park
and getting it all back together and working correctly is even worse most of the time. Shocked Very Happy

for the record, there's no reason to mess with the overflow tube just yet. i've known people to reset 2 or 3 times without any issue. I've reset once, 6 months ago. and i print ALOT. no overflow issues yet.

just my two cents.
GEORGIEBOY26
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx flyers, i heard that too, so i left the overflow tube Smile Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: General Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: