Will cover sites become a thing of the past?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
talion
Exceptional Member
Exceptional Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Will cover sites become a thing of the past? Reply with quote

Everyone is talking these days about the impending demise of Blockbuster, at least in brick and mortar format, at the online providers ramp up and become more popular. Will this mean that if anything movies will be downloaded direct and stored in digital format? Will the only art necessary be a pic on a folder in your hard drive?

On a related subject, how important is artworkl to you when looking for movies to watch. Would a title list do it for you or do you rely on the memory jar or the hot girl on the cover to draw you in?
tkboxer
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coversites will be needed less as physical disc begin to disappear but I think that will be between 5 and 10 years.
Its scary when you look at how much of Netflix's business has gone to download in only 2 to 3 years.
Coversites will evolve into something we just can't imagine today but also their relevance will not be what it is today. Just my thoughts on the subject.
Good discussion subject Talion
blackhawkdown
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: i hope not Reply with quote

i am old school and like to have have the physical discs and/or cases. it's easier for the kids to pick a movie that way as well. instead of my having to turn on a pc and then directing them to a movie directory, they can pick up and hold in their hands, the movies they want to choose from. it's fun to helping them pick out a movie to watch...... i will probably do it this way until i can no longer do it; for sure, i will be swapping out alot of cases to slim cases over the next year though to save some space.

a buddy of mine puts all of his bluray movies onto 1TB drives and has a quick swap bay in his HTPC. what's the fun in that? Laughing he's an anal sob too and that's probably a contributing factor to my resistance to HDD storage of movies.

i, for one, am grateful for sites like these Very Happy

BHD Twisted Evil
tkboxer
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too like physical disc. Hardrives die, a physical disc should keep its data for a long time. I like the idea of a HD server but I can't seem to be bothered set one up.
sawtooth
Exceptional Member
Exceptional Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were to download my movies I would have to burn a backup disk anyway for safety.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: General Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: