Printer woes!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
true
Donator
Donator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Printer woes! Reply with quote

I have a R200. I was doing a nozzle check and then the 2 right buttons started blinking. Yeah, the "maintainance error" one. It said the parts were NEAR its life time service. Yeah, NEAR, which means it should still work right? Anyway, through research, I found out that my ink waste pad was full. After doing some tinkering and getting dirty, I fixed it, yay. If anyone has this problem I'll be glad to help.

On to the problem. The paper tray does not feed the paper properly or something. When I press the middle button, the tray thing lifts up feeds the paper as normal, but only 1 of the corners go in, then the paper pops out of position. Any help would be grrreat.
true
Donator
Donator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind. My printer fixed itself. Don't you love when it does that? Anyway, if anyone had a paper feeding problem, can you tell me whow you fixed it incase my printer suicides again.
flyers2thecup
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Printer woes! Reply with quote

true wrote:
I have a R200. I was doing a nozzle check and then the 2 right buttons started blinking. Yeah, the "maintainance error" one. It said the parts were NEAR its life time service. Yeah, NEAR, which means it should still work right? Anyway, through research, I found out that my ink waste pad was full. After doing some tinkering and getting dirty, I fixed it, yay. If anyone has this problem I'll be glad to help.

On to the problem. The paper tray does not feed the paper properly or something. When I press the middle button, the tray thing lifts up feeds the paper as normal, but only 1 of the corners go in, then the paper pops out of position. Any help would be grrreat.

how'd you fix the ink waste pad issue?

a friend of mine had the same message, and i figured i'd give him an idea to get it working again. (he's since bought another one)
true
Donator
Donator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to toss it too, but figured what I got to lose if I tried to mess with it.
I originally saw the steps on steveforums or something.

But here's how I did it:
On the back of the printer, you'll see a screw the allows you to the compartment with the waste ink "pipe" thing and pad. Looks like this:
(the printer is upside down in this pic)
Just unscrew it and open the compartment.

When you open it you'll see a cottom swab or something and if you look closely you'll find the waste ink tube.

Just remove the swab. I got tweezers and yanked it out. Get a paper clip and hook the tube out. The end is not connected to anything so just pull it out. Watch out for splatters!
After you get the tube out, put the swab back, may be tricky.

Once the tube is out, the rest is up to you. I got the tube to pour in a tupperware thing. Remember to make 2 holes for air to escape. The tube is inside the straw.

You can drill a hole in the latch thing so you can close it up.

I plugged the printer back in, powered it on, and the 2 dang lights still blinking! After some research, I found an "EPSON printer adjustment program." I think these are programs the service depots use. Its just as good as the SCC program. Anyway, I checked the status and it said that the ink waste pad counter is over it's max. Click the reset button, all done!

The devilish blinking light were gone! Then enter my paper problem, but it was fixed anyway.

I don't remember the link I got it from, I'll look for it and post it. Each printer has its own Adjustment Program. I actually stumbled on mine on accident. The above program is for R200/220 only.

*out of breath..
true
Donator
Donator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at the program, isn't it ironic that it says the ink on the waste ink pad evaporites? Sure glad I repaired mine! Very Happy
valve
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only time I have had a problem with paper feed problems is when the there was a piece of papaer already stuck in the printer. It was a small piece that had torn off of another sheet but removing it fixed the problem.

valve
DVDude

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had paper feeding problem with certain "chalky" types of coated inkjet papers. Try different paper, sorted mine out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: General Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: