question for those of you w/ epson RX595 printers:

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackhawkdown
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: question for those of you w/ epson RX595 printers: Reply with quote

what paper setting do you use?

when i use the "regular" paper setting, my labels are fully centered and all of the paper is covered properly.

when i use the "matte" paper setting, i can't get my labels to be covered all the way. there is a white edge on the right side of the disc (yes, i've tried a bunch of settings in epson cd printer ) and on the interior hub. odd, eh?

BHD Twisted Evil
daripper
*Resident Artist
*Resident Artist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please tell me you are not talking about using those sticky stick on paper labels on your DVD's. Shocked
My name is 0110010001100001011100100110100101110000011100000110010101110010
blackhawkdown
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: nooooooo.... =) Reply with quote

daripper wrote:
Please tell me you are not talking about using those sticky stick on paper labels on your DVD's. Shocked

no, i'm talking about my ritek print to hub, matte finish discs Very Happy i got the r280 figured out, but found it odd that the type of paper setting would cause a difference in the printing.....

BHD Twisted Evil
blknight3
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not geting a white edge. But on the top right hand side of my disc, on black/dark colored discs I am finding that it will not print the dark colors. This is for about the top right hand quarter of the disc. Started doing this about 2 months ago. I guess it's time to rbeak out the 680 andu se this one for my office printer only.

For anything else... Photos. Covers Etc it prints perfect. Just on the discs themselves to I get this.
blackhawkdown
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blknight3 wrote:
I'm not geting a white edge. But on the top right hand side of my disc, on black/dark colored discs I am finding that it will not print the dark colors. This is for about the top right hand quarter of the disc. Started doing this about 2 months ago. I guess it's time to rbeak out the 680 andu se this one for my office printer only.

For anything else... Photos. Covers Etc it prints perfect. Just on the discs themselves to I get this.

hey knight,

what paper setting are you using though? Very Happy

BHD Twisted Evil
blknight3
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For printing on the disc? Not sure what you mean by paper setting? Print Cd doesn'tt have the option for a paper setting.

The diameter setting I'm using is Custom CD/Dvd

Outside diameter set to 119mm

Inside diameter set to 18 mm for hub printable. 36 MM for non hub printable.

I usually leve the media type set to Cd/DVD, unless I'm using the high gloss finish discs then I select premium surface

Not sure of any of this helps or not?
DVDCoverArt
Site Master
Site Master

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: question for those of you w/ epson RX595 printers: Reply with quote

blackhawkdown wrote:

when i use the "regular" paper setting, my labels are fully centered and all of the paper is covered properly.

when i use the "matte" paper setting, i can't get my labels to be covered all the way. there is a white edge on the right side of the disc (yes, i've tried a bunch of settings in epson cd printer ) and on the interior hub. odd, eh?

BHD Twisted Evil

Are you using the label printing program that comes with Epson printers? If so, I can email you the file that you simply open up with the program. I use the same DVDs that you do.
blackhawkdown
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blknight3 wrote:
For printing on the disc? Not sure what you mean by paper setting? Print Cd doesn'tt have the option for a paper setting.

I usually leve the media type set to Cd/DVD, unless I'm using the high gloss finish discs then I select premium surface

knight,

right, i am using epson print cd and you're correct, there is no type of paper to choose in that program itself. BEFORE using print cd, there are some setting that are present on the digital display of the 595. you can see the type of paper there and i think u can choose between regular, photo, photo glossy and matte. changing the different types of paper, changes my print area on the disc.

BHD Twisted Evil
blackhawkdown
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: question for those of you w/ epson RX595 printers: Reply with quote

DVDCoverArt wrote:
blackhawkdown wrote:

BHD Twisted Evil

Are you using the label printing program that comes with Epson printers? If so, I can email you the file that you simply open up with the program. I use the same DVDs that you do.

hey DVD,

sure i'll take a look....thx Very Happy

BHD Twisted Evil
blknight3
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackhawkdown wrote:
blknight3 wrote:

knight,

right, i am using epson print cd and you're correct, there is no type of paper to choose in that program itself. BEFORE using print cd, there are some setting that are present on the digital display of the 595. you can see the type of paper there and i think u can choose between regular, photo, photo glossy and matte. changing the different types of paper, changes my print area on the disc.

BHD Twisted Evil

Interesting! I've never even paid any attention to what's in the display window. I left mine set to the default and make any and all changes on the computer

I just checked and it says

Color
Document: Graphics
Layout: With Border
Zoom: 100%
Paper Type: Plain Paper
Paper Size: Letter
Density: 0
Expansion: Standard

Does that help any?

Last edited by blknight3 on Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
daripper
*Resident Artist
*Resident Artist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always use the PrintCD to adjust and print my labels and I've too never paid any attention to what
the display says either will check it out yep says the same. I've never even tried to make any kind of
adjustments using the display window I always just use the Epson PrintCD program for CD's/DVD's and
I use PhotoShop for printing the covers. Wink

Color
My name is 0110010001100001011100100110100101110000011100000110010101110010
blackhawkdown
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Interesting! I've never even paid any attention to what's in the display window. I left mine set to the default and make any and all changes on the computer

I just checked and it says

Color

Does that help any?

hey knight,

yeah, it shows me that you just used "plain" paper. i have settled on that one (vs matte). i never had so much trouble covering the entire label surface w/ my r220...lol. these two (r280 and the 595) are different story, so far. Arrow Rolling Eyes

BHD Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: General Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: